SILC Spa was created in 1968 by Walter Darini, the owner and president, in order to manufacture industrial pressing equipment for the drycleaning and laundry sectors as well as the garment industry,
SILC is based in Jesi and occupies a total covered area of 10,000 sq.mtrs, divided into two plants, one situated in Via Campania, and the other in Via dell’Industria. More then 50 persons are employed in the two plants.
The various production departments are organized within these two manufacturing plants and namely :
a) Steel structural work with all the related work processes: from laser sheet cutting to automated sheet bending up to assembly with a robotized welding system.
b) Painting, carried out by a modern, automatic system , using power paints and in continuous operation
c) Line assembly of the painted machines with the various electric, hydraulic and pneumatic components and final tests.
d) Stocking, packing and shipment of finished products.ORGANISATION
The SILC organisation comprises the following basic sectors :
- Technical Department - with one graduate electro-mechanical engineer, head of department, one non-graduate engineer and one draftsman.The technical department disposes of highly advanced industrial design computer programmes and controls product quality, issues CE certification and carries out the constant updating and preparation of installation and service manuals available in 5 languages.
- Logistics Department - oversees production phases and control up to the processing of orders
- Administrative Department – with 5 expert account clerks coordinated by the head of department, to guarantee the administrative management of the company.
- Sales Department – with sales managers under the guidance of expert sales direction, to take care of the distribution of SILC equipment in Italy and worldwide.- Data processing centre - AS 400 IBM computer system with terminals in all the various departments and the warehouse, which supplies data, information and programmes from the receipt to the processing of orders.
- General Management – carried out personally by Walter Darini, President of SILC spa.THE MARKET
80% of the equipment manufactured by SILC is exported worldwide.
Traditional markets for SILC are the countries of the European community ( France, England and Spain being the leaders), and the Eastern block countries ( mainly Russia, Czech Republic, Poland and Bulgaria).
Also of considerable importance is the Mediterrean area ( Tunisia, Marocco, Algeria, Greece, Turkey), middle eastern countries such as Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Arab Emirates, Lebanon and Jordan, the Far East countries such as, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, and Japan and South America ( Argentina, Brazil, Peru, Colombia).
There are agents/ distributors in all these countries who take care of local sales, installation ( often locally based technicians have been trained at SILC) and after sales service.INVESTMENTS
In recent years, SILC has made a concerted effort to to invest in the latest technologically advanced machinery and equipment. The laser sheet cutting, with bending by automatic manipulators, the robotized welding, the automatic painting system are essential components which have contributed, together with the design and the ability of the sales team, to the success of the SILC product all over the world.
The machines :
The machines :
The machines :